Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just wondering...

So, I'm wondering if there is anything interesting I could put on a blog that anyone would want to read. Life as a college student seems like it should be pretty interesting, but I'm not so sure it would be on a blog. Well, let's see, today, I got up at 7:45 for my 8:00 class, Old Testament survey with Dr. Marty. He's a hilarious older man (65?70? I'm not sure) who just ran a triathalon. We learned about a few of the kings of Israel after it split in two parts. Then we played Are You Smarter Than a Fifith Grader? with OT questions and college students rather than fifth-graders. it was strange, but short. we got out of class 45 minutes early. Woohoo! I went back to my room and took a glorious nap before chapel. at chapel we heard a French Gospel choir sing and a speaker talked to us about prayer - how it is more about relating to God than anything we say or do. After chapel, I had some more "free" time, so I worked on scheduling my classes for next semester, read a little, then went to lunch. Lunch made my stomach hurt, as usual, then I checked my mailbox, which had nothing interesting in it except an add for the Spring break trip to Israel and THEN I went to the Alumni office to pick up the t-shirt and gift card I won for filling out a survey on homecoming. Oh yeah, free stuff! The t-shirt is really corny (it says "alumnus in trainning" on the back) but it was free, so I'm happy. Then, I went back to my room, checked my e-mail and facebook, read some more, then went to Introduction to Disciplemaking. We talked about the characteristics of a good friend and Mr. Craigen challenged us to consider whether WE were being good friends or if we were simply looking for others to be good friends for us. after class I went to basketball, Where coach made us do like two hundred push ups (I'm not exaggerating) because we had to do ten everytime any person did not box out(for my non-basketball literate fans, that's when you push a person away from the basket when someone else shoots so you can get the ball if the shot doesn't go in). It was the closest thing to impossible I've ever done. THEN, after b-ball, I went out to dinner with Katie, Uncle Mike and Joel! It was really awesome to catch up and we talked so long that the waitor finally kicked us out because they were closing. we came back to the dorm lounge and talked there until the desk worker announced curfew and the guys had to leave. That was by far the best part of my day! After that, i did homework and now I'm going to bed. It's 1:30am, class at 8 tomorrow. And that's a day in my life.
If you found this exceedingly boring, I apologize for wasting your time. Now you know not to read this again in the future. Try reading comics. they're shorter and more entertaining.

No comments: