I like food a lot. No, let me rephrase that. I LOVE food!
As I've been on the search to define myself, one of the things that's stood out is my love for food. Really, I should be a chef. In fact, if I'm ever forced to make something besides mac-and-cheese and instant oatmeal I probably will learn to love cooking. I will also weigh seven hundred pounds by the time I'm thirty-five. But I will be the happiest seven hundred pound woman in the world.
Food is probably one of strongest, if not the strongest, motivator in my life. A close second to that is sleep. Hardly anything can make me leave the comfort of my covers in the morning if I'm determined to stay there, but if someone utters the words, "chocolate chip pancakes," there is a battle inside me fiercer than two ladies fighting for the last pair of pumps on Black friday. Food usually wins. I will endure practically anything to get good food. I could have no interest in a meeting whatsoever but if I hear the word "refreshments" suddenly that meeting sounds oh-so-appealing! In fact, I don't know why I'm posting this on the internet because now people will know how to manipulate me into doing whatever they want! It's probably a really good thing no strangers ever offered me candy when I was a kid.
I've thought long and hard about this aspect of my personality and have come to the conclusion that I love food simply because it makes me happy. Food is associated with practically every good memory I have. Birthdays, weddings, graduations, recitals, family dinners, Sunday dinners, get togethers with friends, lunch in school, breakfasts with Dad, floor outings in college, Movie theaters, Baseball games, baby Showers, church events, family picnics, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, carnivals, Halloween, etc, etc, etc! Really! Is there anything good that DOESN't involve food? Clearly food = happiness.
So while I know that staying healthy is important, and I've learned some tips to make sure I don't always eat too much (like don't keep candy in you dorm room), I've decided that eating food is great and I'm going to enjoy it!
As Truett Cathy says, "Food is essential to life. Therefore, make it good."
(I saw that quote on the wall of a Chick-Fil-A.I don't know where or when.)
The Mp3 Experiment 21
1 day ago
3 comments:
Food is yummy! The reason I work out a lot and find healthy options for things is so I can eat more food:)
You should definetly find a workout program you love and start working out like crazy because then you can eat more:) I've come to the conclusion that dieting is a lost cause for me because I also LOVE FOOD!!!!!
YAY Food!!!!
yay!! I can't even imagine trying to diet! That just seems like the worst idea on the planet!
I'll have to work on that exercising idea...:)
Ha! I must have either always rewarded you two with food, or deprived you of it! :-)
Post a Comment