Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Famous Amos Saga: Part II

As some of you may know, I once had a traumatic experience in which I spent 20 minutes desperately trying to acquire a bag of Famous Amos cookies and tragically wound up with M&Ms.

Today I had a similar experience, except this time around it was more amusing than depressing.

As before, I decided to take a study break and get some Famous Amos's from the vending machine. I had to knock on four different doors before I finally found someone with change for a five dollar bill, but it didn't take too long, so I was very happily looking forward to my snack. I rode the elevator to the basement, walked to the vending machine and looked with delight at my soon-to-be snack. I chose the crispest dollar bill, stuck it in and punched in the numbers for my treat. The machine gave me my 10 cents change.

That's it.

I stared in shock at the insolent machine, "Seriously?" I protested (out loud).

I stared a little more. What could I do? I was NOT giving this thing another dollar! Should I put an "out of order" sign on it? No," I thought sadly, "I'll just have to sacrifice my dollar and try another machine.

"I hate vending machines!" I said with enthusiastic disgust.

I turned to walk away and noticed a guy down the hallway looking at me. Apparently he doesn't talk to inanimate objects. I turned and walked two steps then thought, "Maybe I just missed it some how," and whipped around, stepped back to the machine and pushed open the little door at the bottom. No Famous Amos's.

Discouraged, I straightened and headed back to the elevator.

The guy was still looking at me.

I laughed aloud as I walked back when I thought about what that guy must be thinking.

If only he knew I was so tempted to kick it.

Fortunately, after briefly interrupting some couple's intimate conversation at vending machine #2, which didn't have any Famous Amos's, and a brief trip to vending machine #3 I did finally get my delicious snack.

I paid $1.80 for 10 mini cookies.

It was worth it.

3 comments:

Cyndee said...

:-) :-) :-)Can't wait to share some Famous Amos with you this weekend!

Monnayeur said...

Me too!!!!! There are Famous Amos at home?!?! I'm psyched!

KendraAnn said...

I was there for the first saga and while this one was happier the other one amused me more probably because I have a sick sense of humor :)